Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!


The Block Lotto has a new home!  It has it's own web address now: blocklotto.com!
The February blocklotto block is a quilter's choice block.  We were to make a block that incorporated a heart theme with the color scheme of pink, cream, grey and orange.  It really seems like a crazy combo, but I think it works pretty well!

For my block I drew my own paper foundation pieced pattern:


This is obviously the right half.  I'm happy to share the pattern with anyone who'd like it.  I don't know if you can just save the picture here and print it or not.  But I can email you the 2 halves as pdf files if you're interested.

When I finished the heart, I decided it needed a little border.  So that's not in the original pattern.  It took a bit longer than I anticipated to put it all together.  But if I make a second one I think it will go a bit faster.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment